Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Shania Twain Offers A Sneak Peak Of Her New TV Series

The Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) has posted a sneak peak of its upcoming series “Why Not? with Shania Twain” on its Web site. In the short clip, Twain is remarkably candid, revealing, “I have lost my ability to express myself, and my ability to sing. For some reason, I’m not comfortable singing in front of people anymore.”
Discussing her long absence from the spotlight, Twain says, “I was feeling more pressure from my career, the bigger it got. I felt the pressure to be better and better all the time. It just affected me. I was slowly losing my voice and slowly losing my confidence. Now, of course, my marriage was slowly breaking down too.”

Hew new show, which debuts May 8, is an “intimate portrait of . . .  Twain on her emotional journey from heartbreak back to the top,” according to the network, which says the show is “filled with revelation and unexpected adventure. Follow Shania as she heals, shares and rediscovers her voice.”

Explaining the show’s title, Twain says, “Life’s two more important questions are why and why not. The trick is knowing which one to ask.”

Watch the two-minute clip here.

No comments:

Post a Comment